Tuesday, October 21, 2008

now and here

It is cold upon this small knoll
With three trees
Waving green feathers in the breeze.

My cheeks burn; my eyes cry; I shiver:
My ears speak: “It hurts - go in - be sheltered.”
I do – I am – I have.
Pneumatically suspended vehicularly.

Shadow’s slant creep toward my safety.
Yet only momentarily as this page, too
Brightens and pales
With the passing puffs aloft.

And in another direction
Through my vision
Solitary seed wafts
On its way to a place
It perhaps knows and
Cannot know and will know.
Gone that way with the wind.

Three trees still green/evergreen
Three the same
Three quite different.
Landscaped into this designed knolled berm.
Three glad to be here
Rather than elsewhere
Over there perhaps
Where the ragged unruly tree line
Says natural – yet not better;

These three trees still green/evergreen
Exchanging through slender fingers
The breath they need – I need.
Glad to be here and now
As am I.

- Jack Trimper

No comments: