Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Tuesday


It's unusual in Washington to be driving home from work on July the 5th with your car windows open. It's normally way too hot, but not so today. So in my haste home, contemplating my anticipated gas discount accumulated from my grocery purchases (a highlight given today's economic challenges) I was pleasantly surprised to hear "Happy Tuesday" out my left window from a lovely man walking to my own destination, the gas station. My reply...thank you...with a smile... left me thinking about the possibilities any Tuesday has to offer. To that end, I come across what might constitute the largest bundle ever assembled by a homeless person. Impressive and quite overwhelming. I head home, ever grateful.

The normal evening activities proceed, dinner, a teen, regular life in general. Feeling challenged I choose a walk through my woods sans dogs. In my solace I sit and watch the lightening bugs. An amazing light show reminiscent of my childhood, now cherished in my own back yard, and recently amazed to find in Ecuador at 9000+ feet in elevation.

It's inspiring to watch. Happy Tuesday everywhere.

No comments: